scarlet hermit stole a white leged hermits shell!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
lol a scarlet hermit in my tank has stolen a white crabs shell in my tank the scarlet has a hold on both his shell and the whites the white crab is crawling all around it trying to get it back shell less these guys are ugly!!!! wat can i do to help him get it back or just wait it out?

Get more empty shells. you can try that. But it seems like hermits will take what they want. I bought some coral that was on a shell. My little hermit went up and pulled off coral and now wears the shell. Who knew?

You could try to seprate the 2 hermit into different tanks and place empty shells in each of them till both hermits have found a shell they are comfortable in and then you can put them back together.

it always good to have empty shells which they can keep moving into while they grow

even with empty shells, sometimes they just want that one. I've lost some nerite snails to my hermits, even though there are empty nerite shells in there.

Back
Top Bottom