Scarlet Hermits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyingL0

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just added 4 red scarlet hermits to my tank. The seem to be going to town on the live rock. I dont know if this is a good or bad thing.

phew!! I got nervouse seeing them all over the live rock. I didnt want them tearing it apart

CAREFUL!!! They'll rip it apart. Eat all of the good stuff, and then when they die, they release toxins which will destroy your entire tank! 8O

(Just kidding. :lol: They're fun to watch. Will keep your tank nice and clean too! :D )

Spare shells, and if there is a lack of algae, some nori or dried seaweed periodically is appreciated.

I love watching my hermits! Just yesterday I noticed that one of them had moved into a pure white shell I put in the tank. His red legs look striking against the white!

I heard that craft stores carry them. You just have to make sure they're not painted or varnished. I collect mine off the beach. Just scrub and boil them, and they're good to move in to!

I got a handful of empty shells from my lfs. They keep them for this exact reason. Cost me 50 cents for a bagful.

Back
Top Bottom