Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp dissapeared or most likeley... dead :'(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ni111

Aquarium Advice Activist
Seen my goby swimming round with a shrimp skins head with the tentacles still on so i figured it was just the shrimp shed its skin and went of into hiding for a while and my goby likes to gather uo everything he can find. So i thought nothing of it untill today were the shrimp has still not shown its face, hes normally out and about everywhere and jumps on my hand when i put it in. He was getting alot bigger aswell :( is he dead or is this just an elongated hide because he needs more time for a bigger shell

2 occerillis clowns, 1 fire shrimp 1 pink spotted goby 1 bi colour blenny and 4 hermits

Hmmmmmm so nothing that would kill him. I ask cause I hade 2 fire shrimp and one disappeared one day and I realized my emerald crab killed him. But I guess if your worried you could just lift up some rocks and see where he is

Was thinking that but the only place he could be in would be my bottom main rock and it would disturb everything, im gonna give it another day and then ill move them

Ha ya that how I was I never want to move anything because I can never get it back the way I had it

I checked under the rocks... gone :( probably been ate by the fire shrimp and goby when he shed his skin

Ni111 said:
I checked under the rocks... gone :( probably been ate by the fire shrimp and goby when he shed his skin

Sorry about your loss. It was probably the Goby who ate it. I believe that they have a history of waiting ornamental shrimps.

The poor little guy :( im going the lfs next week and going to buy a golden coral banded shrimp really like the look of them

The poor little guy :( im going the lfs next week and going to buy a golden coral banded shrimp really like the look of them

That probably isn't a good idea, because your Coral Banded Shrimp would kill your Fire Shrimp:(

Somebody said it wouldnt ? only the normal coral banded would. Hmm any advice then on what i could get, i feel like there is a giant hole in my tank i need to fill that scarlet skunk was probably my favourite he used to jump on my hand when i put it in

redsea said:
That probably isn't a good idea, because your Coral Banded Shrimp would kill your Fire Shrimp:(

The Golden coral banded is different than the Coral banded.Not as aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom