Scarlett and blue legged hermit crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know where a good place to buy new shells so when they grow they can transfer shells? Thanks

I get my clean up crews from reefcleaners so I generally get a 100 or so empty shells from them. lol i think they are 7 cents a piece

I bought a bunch of misc shells from hobby lobby for a couple dollars and it had a few good shells for mine. It was much cheaper than buying individual shells at pets mart for $1 ea. try a craft or hobby store.

Saratj1 did you have to boil water and throw them in like that to clean them? Because I've heard people taking shell from them beach and having to put them in boiling water to clean them

I didn't clean them. They were already pretty clean, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to boil them, but when you get the stuff off the beach there may be live stuff on them like actual crabs , bacteria, or parasites, but these are dry and I doubt anything is alive on these.

Ok thank you, ya I got some from my Lfs but my hermit crabs are bigger then te shells they gave me so I need something bigger

Back
Top Bottom