Scary deep sea fishies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That crab is freaky!!! I would hate to meet him in the water!!!

Some of those are DEEP water fish. I can ID them by the appearance. I have seen them in Marine Biology classes.

What in the world are they???!!! I'm thinking snorkeling is maybe not such a great idea now. *cringes*

fortunately these are fakes... if you look at one of those pics it has a date on it going back to 2003 in one of the info cards. Also a tsunami would undoubtedly NOT kill deep sea fishes in the ocean considering it gets all its power when it comes ashore.

Electrikat, most fish are actually afraid of us and will flee upon the sight of a snorkeler. This is because the masks look like eyes to them. My husband is a Deep Sea Diver for the Navy and he explained it all to me when I was learning to snorkel and dive. I was scared of Sharks, but not anymore! Unless the bump you, you are okay!

fishfirst said:
fortunately these are fakes... if you look at one of those pics it has a date on it going back to 2003 in one of the info cards. Also a tsunami would undoubtedly NOT kill deep sea fishes in the ocean considering it gets all its power when it comes ashore.

I don't see what you're talking about, specify which picture...

Be it "fake" or not, though, the fish are still real and still interesting.

yeah I agree they are very interesting... its on the flat fish with the two color charts next to it... its upside down... lil blurry but I see a date with 01-05-03??? 03 for sure

Right on, I see it now. I also did some internet research and it was a hoax e-mail that was sent out by some a-hole saying they were washed up. These photos were actually taken by some researchers in 2003. I'll change the title of the thread.

As a matter of fact, another member posted this a little while after the Tsunami. I can't remember who it was.

If I find it, I stick it here. In the meantime, shame for posting it in the SW forum only. :D

Back
Top Bottom