Scary experience at the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trackfast

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wanted a Blood Shrimp (Fire Shrimp)to add to my tank. I shopped around and the best price was at the LFS right down the street. (I know that's not the only reason to shop somewhere). The tanks there have always looked clean; no dead fishes rotting away, etc. The young woman who helped me was nice but had little experience with SW/FW fish; she had dogs and hamsters. She did finally catch my shrimp after moving around some LR but then proceeded to drop the piece on top of a starfish. Ouch! She was just a little careless with handling everything it seemed. At least they had a 7 day guarantee with livestock.
BTW, when did Blood Shrimp prices go up like this. Prices ranged from $26 to $40. Thanks for your time. :)

I hope the starfish is ok...ouch is right.
I've always thought blood shrimp were cool looking but have never owned one.

I hate when the LFS workers are careless. I was getting some fish yesterday and they actually dropped two fish on the floor. The fish were jumpy, but still. Lol, I got my fire shrimp for $50, complete ripoff. Oh well...

--Adeeb

I have always wanted a Blood Shrimp (fire shrimp) but I will not pay those prices that they have on them. They are high over here in Houston Texas as well between $29 to $45 depending on the location of the store.

Well I breed them and sell them from 10-15. I get a lot of money because I sell them so cheap.

$10-$15? Wow, you probably are getting a lot of customers. :) Private sellers here are charging $26. It's $35 at a "mom and pop" store and $40 at a chain store. Do you know how well do they ship?

Ya even though I can get 20 more for them. I just don't think it is right i mean not to run the fish stores out of business but I blieve every fish or coral should be tank bred yes it will make it more expensive but that is what I am trying to change I have started to breed clownfish and fire shrimp I am starting to frag corals toI have had my fair share of deaths but I know a lot now

Have you ever shipped them from Colorado to Texas before? And how much is the charge for shipping because I know it is fairly high because of it being live and has to ship over night?

Well I have found once or twice that they have survived 3 day ship which is $11
There is priority which is $6 then two day which is $17 the am two day which is $20 then one day which is $60. I let my customers choose ship

Back
Top Bottom