Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
One should be fine- but I wouldn't add more than that. Also- it would depend on other fish in the aquarium since you don't want to overstock the tank.

"The most distinguishing feature of the Schooling Bannerfish Heniochus diphreutes is its rounder breast and less protruding snout."
- liveaquaria

Try going on liveaquaria and searching banner fish to see the difference between the two

Old 04-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay dokey thanks the only other large fish that will be in the tank is a one spot foxface. Its a 66 gallon tank. The rest are nano fish

Old 04-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
If you are doing two large fish- I wouldn't add any more than two nano fish.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think youll be fine just keep up with the water quality. Is that you nunu? In the pic?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

None of the bannerfish are completely reef safe and may consume coral polyps, invertebrates, etc. The other downside is that they become fairly aggressive as they age and get quite large. I used to have 3 or 4 in a 500g and over time, as they grew, they became dominant towards all other fish and eventually only one bannerfish remained. I don't personally recommend these fish for any tank under 180g.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha yes crister thats me at the beach

and okay we will rethink the whole schooling bannerfish thing. If they dont live a good life in my tank i dont think i want one. I really want a fish like that though... Anything els that has long flowing fins like the bannerfish?
Old 04-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you had a bigger tank I would say a batfish............... Lemme think on that for awhile.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

IDK what other fish you have but if theyre decent sized you could get a marine betta. Theyre a type of grouper but have elegant flowing fins like you want lol. Or if you like fish like triggers you could get a filefish. Theyre really really awesome.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crister13
IDK what other fish you have but if theyre decent sized you could get a marine betta. Theyre a type of grouper but have elegant flowing fins like you want lol. Or if you like fish like triggers you could get a filefish. Theyre really really awesome.
Reef safe? Those guys really are cool!! I love unique fish, thats what its all about.

Batfish?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you had a 150 ya I would say batfish. Check out orbivulate batfish on google. I have one as my centerpiece! The filefish and betta im not sure about if theyre reef safe or not, but I have a trigger AND a grouper in my reef sooo.............. ya. They wont bother corals.

Tags
bannerfish, schooling

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com