Schooling Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scubasteve

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heres the scenario, I had one single blue/green reef chromi (had 3 but 2 died right after i got them, lukily had the liveaquaria 10 day guarantee tho), and just got 2 more , one of the 2 new ones is schooling with the old one, but the other new one is just being a loner. Will they eventually all school together, cause thats what I was hoping for.

yea I have a 72g tank, I kinda answered my own question though, this morning I woke up and after they woke up all 3 were schooling together, it looks soo cool. If i had a huge tank I'd get like 6 or 7 cause it would like really cool.

I'd heard adding any new b/g chromis might cause problems if they already had the male female thing worked out. I've got 2 and would like 2 or 3 more. Anybody think I can add new ones? Should they be larger or smaller than what I have, or does it matter?

I'm pretty sure they get a bit bigger than that.. The fully grown one at my LFS is at least 3".

Will BlueGreen Chromis accept new members into there school?

I want to keep 5-7 BlueGreen Chromis in my 120G. I thought it would be best to add them in 2 waves as to not shock the biological filtration.

Back
Top Bottom