Schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbiesamp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are some unusual schooling fish that can go in a 110 gallon reef tank ? And if flow matter I will have an mp 40

I think for schooling fish we are pretty limited in saltwater. Anthias and cardinals are all that come to mind. Now, I have five pajama cardinals and they hang out together, but I wouldn't call it schooling. Anthias make beautiful schools. I like the Maldives lyretail personally. A school of a half dozen should give you a good slice of the reef, in a tank that size! One will become male and turn red.

Yea even if they don't school I want a busy tank like different chromis and cardinals and like a tang and 1 angel

I believe Shoaling is what you mean - when they hang out together. Schooling is when they group & move together for a common purpose which doesn't happen in aquaria.

PJ Cardinals stick together pretty tight in my experience.

I wish I had a big enough tank for a school of anthias. Gorgeous fish. I forgot about chromis mostly because every time I've tried them, they die very quickly. Some reading I've done suggests that they are more fragile than commonly believed.

Back
Top Bottom