Schooling Sailfin Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyEnr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone have any advice and/or experience with attempting to have a school of sailfin tangs.
I currently have 3 small sailfins all the same size. One is and has been in my 220 reef for about 4 months. The other two are in my quarantine (divided from one another) and I'm going to attempt to add the two into my 220 soon.

I don't know if they will school but I was told when I added my orange should and yellow to my current tank with a sailfin in it, to change around rock work and of course turn off the lights when you decide to acclimate from your quarantine. It worked pretty good and they only chased each other around for a day maybe two at the most. 8 months now and no probs or issues and esp no ich at all.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing that rearranging the rock work really makes a big difference. One guy said he does it every time he adds a new tang and has never had a problem. Also I was thinking that acclimating them at night while the others are sleeping with the lights off would help.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing that rearranging the rock work really makes a big difference. One guy said he does it every time he adds a new tang and has never had a problem. Also I was thinking that acclimating them at night while the others are sleeping with the lights off would help.
It really does work very well. I would def turn off lights too. Let us know if they end up schooling, I'm curious...

Will do for sure! I should be introducing then within the next couple days.

So I know it's been a while....the sailfins did not work together. I added one at a separate time from the rest and it threw everything off :(

Back
Top Bottom