Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send her a link to the article i spoke of that is in roka64's sig. Or you could let me do it......wait...nevermind....bad idea. :p Serously though. It would be nice if you did point her to it.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to HoCkEyGmC
it would be good but i dont think she would do it, she already bought them and i doubt that she would take them back, and she already told everyone all about it and she wants that to be her ammonia source. i know its not rite but i know that it would jeopardize my grade and how much she likes me (not that she would but i always want to be cautious). i really would like to and i know i should but i just dont think i can cuz it would get hir p!ss3d off, she wants to create the whole "realness" of the fish in the tank making ammonia rather than an empty tank cycling its self.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Well, she is more than welcome to join the site and we can guide her along.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoCkEyGmC View Post
it would be good but i dont think she would do it, she already bought them and i dbout that she would take them back, and she already told everyone all about it and she wants that to be her ammonia source. i know its not rite but i know that it would jeopardize my grade and how much she likes me, and i cant afford that. i really would like to and i know i should but i just dont think i can cuz it would get hir p!ss3d off, she wants to create the whole "realness" of the fish in the tank making ammonia rather than an empty tank cycling its self.
I see your point. The same thing can be achieved using already dead, uncooked shrimp from the supermarket.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBeanCtr View Post
How about printing up the article on 'fishless cycling' and leave it on her desk? Maybe you could direct her to this site for some info? I hate the idea of the critters having to suffer through that. Can you mention to her that you have a sw tank and would be happy to help her out?
I think this is an awesome idea. Just make sure you do it in a way that doesn't make her look bad in front of the class.

Seems like the just process of cycling the tank (fishless, of course!) and testing each day during the cycle (along with charting the results) would teach everything there's to know about the nitrogen cycle. But hey... I'm not a teacher!

[Edit: sorry... didn't see that last post before I posted this. Guess we're all thinking along the same line! In the end, it sounds like your class will definitely get a "learning experience" on what living in a toxic waste dump will do to a living organism. If nothing else, maybe it'll teach a lesson about keeping our water clean!]
Old 09-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Fishless cycling makes for an easy and fun science project!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to HoCkEyGmC
well is the anemone a sea anemone? whatever it is they look pretty cool, i think i might want 1 or 2. but i still would rather have a bta. thoughts?
Thanks!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoCkEyGmC View Post
well is the anemone a sea anemone? whatever it is they look pretty cool, i think i might want 1 or 2. but i still would rather have a bta. thoughts?
Thanks!
A BTA is an anemone. "Bubble Tip Anemone"
Old 09-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yikes...I think I'll sit on the sidelines here and just keep up with the thread.
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
Yikes...I think I'll sit on the sidelines here and just keep up with the thread.
hehehe...Did I misunderstand his question?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com