Scolly enjoys a Bristleworm Snack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all,
Antics in my tank are interesting so when I caught my Scolly eating a bristleworm for the second time I wasn't surprised. I have pictures for you soon (posting from an un-uploadable location) of the second event. But since he clearly like them, I'm gonna feed him them, 2-3 times a week, a nice fresh bristleworm! Good idea or not?

Not sure mitch, but if it likes them and you have them handy, I can't see where it would hurt.

So your scolly is eating them just so it can get a few hours of sleep! lol

Albalones are like clams and are filter feeders. It's not what they eat so much as they are so good to eat.;p;

Maybe lol. Hey are albalones good? Because I all of a sudden have tons. What do they eat?

Haha, Doubt there abalones.

Im pretty sure you have these, Stomatella varia, There fantastic algae eaters!

I thought i had abalone too, but found out it was these guys.

Yeah i thought they where some coral eating worm/nudi when i first saw them, Had a closer look and seen that they had a small shell. Then was like, Abalone?? Did abit of reasearch and found that they're great algae eaters.

When photobucket is online again, Check my TJ.. You should see the Ric i got today!!!:eek2:

the feeding of the bristle worms is a good idea i think. My LFS owner feeds his corals them sometimes and they are all very happy...watching it was very neat (y)

Back
Top Bottom