Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Smonkey15 Send a message via MSN to Smonkey15
scooter blennies

i have a 90 gallon fish only tank, no pods or anything in the sand. the guy at my lfs told me scooter blennies eat pods and if i dont have them then the blennies would die. other websites say that scooter blennies eat chopped meats and veggies. can i safely get a couple scooter blennies and will they eat food that i give htem? thanks

Figuring out how to keep my fish healthy is like the pethagorean theorem; there is no solution.
Smonkey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Smonkey15 Send a message via MSN to Smonkey15
i guess i am referring to the red scooter blenny. thanks

Figuring out how to keep my fish healthy is like the pethagorean theorem; there is no solution.
Smonkey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:41 PM   #3
cj10488

Most of them are extremely difficult to get them to take to prepared foods and in most cases they will die.. However If you are lucky enough to find one that does take to prepared foods then why not.. I have a normal Scooter Blenny that Eats prepared foods and seems to be doing fine so far.. I have had him maybe 2 months.. I would not suggest buying one without knowing for sure that they take ready made food

HTH<
James
Old 01-08-2004, 04:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to notmuffy
Smokey,
If live brine shrimp are available to you they will eat those (if your blenny is big enough) and you may have success introducing frozen foods. Just make sure you are able to find the live food year round as a backup.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:37 AM   #5
cj10488

Quote:
If live brine shrimp are available to you they will eat those (if your blenny is big enough
From my understanding Brine is not all that nutritional for SW fish.. I would try Frozen Mysis as from my knowledge is that its much more nutritional..

HTH<
James
Old 01-08-2004, 10:24 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488
Quote:
If live brine shrimp are available to you they will eat those (if your blenny is big enough
From my understanding Brine is not all that nutritional for SW fish.. I would try Frozen Mysis as from my knowledge is that its much more nutritional..

HTH<
James
I believe that some people hatch shrimp and in the stage when they are newly hatched they are very nutritous. Something about they are still carrying the sack they are born in....don't really remember. But I do agree that feeding frozen brine shrimp is like feeding a kid potato chips.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com