scooter blennies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smonkey15

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 90 gallon fish only tank, no pods or anything in the sand. the guy at my lfs told me scooter blennies eat pods and if i dont have them then the blennies would die. other websites say that scooter blennies eat chopped meats and veggies. can i safely get a couple scooter blennies and will they eat food that i give htem? thanks

Most of them are extremely difficult to get them to take to prepared foods and in most cases they will die.. However If you are lucky enough to find one that does take to prepared foods then why not.. I have a normal Scooter Blenny that Eats prepared foods and seems to be doing fine so far.. I have had him maybe 2 months.. I would not suggest buying one without knowing for sure that they take ready made food

HTH<
James

Smokey,
If live brine shrimp are available to you they will eat those (if your blenny is big enough) and you may have success introducing frozen foods. Just make sure you are able to find the live food year round as a backup.

If live brine shrimp are available to you they will eat those (if your blenny is big enough
From my understanding Brine is not all that nutritional for SW fish.. I would try Frozen Mysis as from my knowledge is that its much more nutritional..

HTH<
James

cj10488 said:
If live brine shrimp are available to you they will eat those (if your blenny is big enough
From my understanding Brine is not all that nutritional for SW fish.. I would try Frozen Mysis as from my knowledge is that its much more nutritional..

HTH<
James

I believe that some people hatch shrimp and in the stage when they are newly hatched they are very nutritous. Something about they are still carrying the sack they are born in....don't really remember. But I do agree that feeding frozen brine shrimp is like feeding a kid potato chips.

Back
Top Bottom