Scooter Blenny Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
2 Days ago I added 2 small scooter blennies to my tank. They are both about 2" long, one is maybe 1/4" longer than the other. They both appear healthy and spend most of the day picking at the LR, I'm assuming there eating small pods but can't be sure. They will go to the sandbed when I feed but I'm not sure if there eating the small bits of meat that get to the bottom. As of yet I haven't seen them eat pellets or flake.

The smaller of them has the specked pattern over the entire body, while the larger has a slightly darken pattern and the head is virtually all dark red/brown. I'd say they spend about 1/3 of the time in close proximity to eachother. Often the larger/darker one will extend its fins and shake, the other will sit still or scoot away. Any idea on what they're doing?

Often the larger/darker one will extend its fins and shake, the other will sit still or scoot away. Any idea on what they're doing?
Sound like one is trying to make a pass. :p

Care to guess whos hiding?

hiding.JPG

Back
Top Bottom