Scooter Blenny Behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judilicious

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, One of my scooter blennies has started exhibiting odd behaviour and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.....
he swims up to the surface at the back of the tank and sticks his head out... so that his eyes are above the waterline..and every couple of times, he squirts out water from his mouth like a water pistol!! I've had him for 7 months and have never noticed it before. Is he just taking an interest in the outside world (yeah right?!) or is it normal behaviour or does it mean the water is lacking oxygen or any other suggestions would be welcome!! Not worried really, just intrigued. Thanks...J

I am not a big saltwater guy but i have notice that foxface do the same thing when they see something they wat, like when you hold food above the water. Does he do it in the same place?

Blennies are wierd creatures. Never seen what you are describing but it would not surprise me about them.

Hi, He does it all along the back panel ... he stops for a while, goes back to the rock or sand then reappears in another place along the back wall. So, no particular place, just where there's space for him to get to the surface...the side panels are a bit cluttered with powerheads, and he has never done it at the front! I find it weird but compelling to watch..he just did it continuously for about 10 mins and he's at it again as we speak! Weird indeed, Mike.

lol, i would find it funny, now you have a very entertaining fish. Congrats :)

Back
Top Bottom