Scooter Blenny Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiko

Aquarium Advice Regular
Upon the recommendation of the LFS owner, I bought a Scooter Blenny about a week ago. It appears to be doing well in my 55 FOWLR tank. The tank has been established and running for about 3 years now.

Do anyone have any tips, etc., regarding the care of this fish. The LFS guy simply said that it would find its own food among the live rocks in my tank.

Mahalo!

From what i understand it takes a well established tank, which you have, and a lot of Live Rock to feed off of. how mush LR do you have?

I have a considerable amount of live rock. I started with 40 lbs or so of base rock, and placed about 60 lbs of live rock on top of it.

The live rock stretches nearly from side to side (48 inches), and to within 6 inches of the surface of the tank. From the back to the front of the tank, the live rock is about six inches or so "deep".

Since all of my live rock was free, I was able to get quite a lot of really good stuff. There are lots of tunnels, caves, and arches.

I got two scooter blenny in my tank. I feed them F1 some times,and other times they just eat stuffs of LR and SB. Cool fish. You will enjoy it. :)

In Hawaii you are allowed to take a one gallon bucket of rocks off the beach per visit. After a big swell or storm you can find some great pieces. I have yet to find any live coral frags, but friends have.

Much of my base rock that is exposed to light has since been covered in calcareous algae.

The free live rock situation partially makes up for the fact that importing coral is illegal.

Mandarin drognettes are similar to scooter blennys. In addition to what is in the tank on LR I supplement cyclopese and daphnia.

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom