Scopas tang tank requirement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, I was wondering what would be considered the minimum tank requirement size for a scopas tang? Someone told me something about this earlier but I'm afraid I may have misunderstood so if someone could clarify it would really help. Thanks!

P.S. I know my current 45 gallon is too small so don't worry about me going to my LFS and buying one.

Anyone? Because I've heard anywhere from 50-200 gallon minimums so I'd like to know for my next tank....
Thanks

ThAts what I've been thinking, but in an earlier thread it was mentioned that this wasn't necessarily the case. Mr x was part of the conversation so I'm hoping that he will chime in because I didn't understand what he meant. But if no one disagrees I'll definitely go with he liveaquaria minimum thanks

Ah ok thanks! That makes sense when u put it like that.

I believe I remember X was saying something that they don't get as big as places like Liveaquaria say they get, so they could be in a small tank.

But I personally don't think those places are pulling those numbers from the air and coming up with similar ones among them all. They studied them and did research so I trust places like Liveaquaria for things like that.

Yea I was thinking something similar, just less sure, so thanks for backing it up! Now I know!

I would say a 6 ft tank. 125 gallon minimum. I have one in my 125 gallon reef.

029.jpg

Nice looking fish! Thanks a bunch, it sounds like 125 all around!

Back
Top Bottom