Scuba_Steve is a God among men!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I posted that before the other thread was closed...- it's done, it's no longer productive. OVER.
PS. I never saw the reply b/c of the editing in the other thread. I'm a good sport though ;)

In the short time I've been on this forum, SS has always struck me as a great human being.....but is he really human? Or a superhero from another planet?

It took a long time, but this is such a big thing to me, I had to give all 300 kudos up to Keith. This is going to help me out so much.

PS-And my name is not Mac, I am so ashamed. :oops:

And my name isn't really PhishPhreak! I guess a bunch of us here at AA have dirty little secrets! :wink:

thanks for all the kind words !! like i said in the other post thats just me :)
cant believe 3 pages from the last post i did last nite at about 11 to now :)
been working on a new skimmer idea i have sooooo been a bit busy !
driving to idaho lolol always wanted to drive that way but not any time soon but if i do ill let ya know :)
mac as for dinner ! its really not needed but i wouldnt refuse !! also when ya come back up make some time ill take ya to old town pet shop and or we could go to the shedd up to you !! just let me know and and im there :)

Hey steve I did not realize you were in Chicago.....Did you make it to the Old Town Annual Sale a few weeks back? If so we were probably in the same room without even knowing it.....

What other stores do you like in the area....I work downtown but I live in south subarbs?

ogden didnt even know about the sale they had :-( wish i had,i heard of some of the deals they offered ! next time you hear about something like that let me know we can go together if anything :) only store i know of downtown is old town i really like living seas but no way will i pay those prices ! somethings arnt bad but love the shark pond they have and anytime im around ohare ill stop and see what they have thats fair priced !! as of south suburb stores i normally buy all my salt and food from pagoda pet shop in lockport ! i like the guy and try to do what i can to keep his business going ! also have got him to change his ways on alot of things so he good to me ! scotts is a joke imo petland in naperville is a joke as well but will stop there and see what i can save from time to time as well as the pet shop in joliet not sure the name its by the sams on larkin !! its sooooo bad there every tank is a 10 gallon with just undergravel filter its so sad to even walk into that store :-( just got back from orland and seen a fish i have to get its called a bumblebee grouper ! the one they had was like 8" but wanted $200 for it :-( no thanks ill find a baby and raise it my self have more fun doing that anyway but was the coolest :) would look so good with my 12" panther and 12" puffer but god the mess and food heheehhe and now the shrimp prices are going up :) ohh well got to do what ya got to do heheheh just bought a half pound of shrimp thats 2 feeds for the puffers/grouper :)

mac ya know my number so will be waiting to hear from you :)

welllllllll after doing my research on this wonderful fish i guess its out of the question now :-( lolol not only do they get up to like 8' but this i thought was odd
"The Queensland Groper has been implicated in fatal attacks on humans"

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/elanceolatus.htm

what a shame cause its the best looking grouper ive seen but they are not cheap the cheapest i found was $100 which imo was worth it but not for one that gets that big hehehe or that could kill me cause id need a tank/pond for it then of course id have to snorkel with it and everyone would read in the paper

" man missing after snorkeling in his pond!! doctors find him in belly of grouper lol "

I believe it is a local law, that all activities in Chicago must include the consumption of beer. Since I have been working there I have found out this includes lunch, dinner and even breakfast! I knew there was somehting that made me love this city.

DivemasterJim You probably saw me....I was the guy lugging the 16 month old child trying to keep him from throwing handfulls of the sand they sell.

Man I skipped the free beer thing.....
I did however hook up some HUGE deals. You know those acrylic tanks that they have right in front that are the 12 gal nano with integrated skimmers and wet/dry plus top and light. Got one of those for $50.00! and also a 180 watt PC light with bulbs for $40.00. Sign up on the website and they mail you when events are going to happen and when they get new cool stuff in.

I really like that store....some of the stuff is expensive, but as LFS goes they are pretty nice and not to much BS.

If you make it out to the Tinley Park area there is a place called Aquatica that is really great. The guy that owns it is always there, and he helped set up Beyond the reef in Schamberg. He has a huge shark pond in the store with like 3 or 4 hammerheads. Prices are generally really good. I also know the guys at Chicago Aquarium by Orland Square pretty good. They sometimes get some good stuff and with a little bargaining end up with decent prices.

You are right about Living Sea and Scotts....both fun to visit, but I keep my wallet in my pocket and laugh about the prices.

Next time there is a sale we should try and hook up and check it out. My store is only about a mile or so from there.

Back
Top Bottom