Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWoWee
I think itll survive. Ive seen youtube videos where people intentionally slice their BTAs to clone them. I had one that deflated to a few days before it died and yours still looks way better than mine did.
Those videos are how to propagate nems, which involves slicing them cleanly through the mouth, and is not always successful. A torn foot is a far more grave an injury. If the nem stays attached over the next few days then its likely the damage was not severe enough or did not damage vital tissue.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Those videos are how to propagate nems, which involves slicing them cleanly through the mouth, and is not always successful. A torn foot is a far more grave an injury. If the nem stays attached over the next few days then its likely the damage was not severe enough or did not damage vital tissue.
Yah I guess it's internal organs weren't damage, for now he's stuck there part of the body is suspended below that rock and tentacles still looking healthy, never changed in color.. I'm positive but still watchful, thanks guys..

Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a long tentical that made its way into a pump half of its tenticals and a quarter of its foot were completely mangled. I figured it to b dead by the way it looked but it survived. It didn't take food for two weeks and it seems like the clown that's hosting it nursed it back to health that was 8 months ago and I've had it for 3 1/2 years now
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
I have a long tentical that made its way into a pump half of its tenticals and a quarter of its foot were completely mangled. I figured it to b dead by the way it looked but it survived. It didn't take food for two weeks and it seems like the clown that's hosting it nursed it back to health that was 8 months ago and I've had it for 3 1/2 years now
Good for you..that's even worse, mine should be ok. It's not easy to get another nem and acclimatize them and secondly I already had my corals fixed. I usually put them first then let them wander wherever they wanna go, and once they've found their spot, put the corals in. Secondly, not easy either to have a new nem to host a clownfish esp hosting 2 clownfishes at the same time.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

He seemed to be deflated on daytime, dark green in color but inflated at night time, I could still see his gaping wound when he curls on daytime...
Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1779231766.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	135872

This is the gaping wound but today since I slept last night he was inflated and healthy looking only he had the wound plugged on the rock and the borders of the wound look healing
Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good to hear!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
Good to hear!
Thanks, nem is inflated before I arrived, and already transferred to the rock above him.

Tags
anemone, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com