sea bunnies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
has anyone ordered and or have sea bunnies from indo pacific sea farms?? if so how are they doing any thing special they need ??
i read they say to bread them in a 10 gallon tank !! was wanting to put them in my 55 gallon refum ! do ya see any probs with this ? mabe to big for them to find each other i dont know why i askin i guess !!

if im not mistaking i think they are a type of snail but not to sure and im guessing that no one here knows as well !! oh well i know they only ship them to the far west coast but have a co-worker bring a pair back tonight from la so i learn the hard way im guessin lol

just have a stone crab thats in my refum and hes a real winner i tell ya had to pull him out of the main tank cause he would ambush hermits and eat them and after i seen him claws open after my yellow headed jaw fish it was time to move him lolol but to cool to get rid of great looking crab imo just kinda worried he'll eat the sea bunnies

If I am not mistaken they are not really a true snail in any sense that we refer to them. They only have a sort of "half" shell covered by a fleshy mantle. Similar to a keyhole limpet or elephant snail. Great algae grazers and should not cause you any concerns.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom