Sea Hare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxVooDooxX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my LFS (if I could call it that) had a sea hare. They told me that it was a algae eater...I thought they had very specific diets. Or once again are they just pulling my chain? It was kinda mossy green and bumpy

I have a california sea hare. Only had it for a couple months. It does eat algae, but not as much as the algae that grows on the glass as more leafy macro type algaes. I got mine because of an invasive macro algae that made it into my DT via live rock. I now supplement him with grape macroalgae.

Oh, every couple days or so. I just make sure I see at least one piece of macroalgae in the tank. I usually just put it next to the PH so it'll get stuck there. I figure it works out instead of throwing out the excess macroalgae I let him eat it :)

Oh, every couple days or so. I just make sure I see at least one piece of macroalgae in the tank. I usually just put it next to the PH so it'll get stuck there. I figure it works out instead of throwing out the excess macroalgae I let him eat it

I would be careful about putting that macro next to or in your PH. Power heads are also know for their sea hare liquefying abilities. Doesn't happen often but when it does it can really make a mess of your tank.

Thanks, but it would take a monster PH to liquify this guy :)

I had a sea hare, bought it to help with my hair algae. They do a great job constantly eating algae. I read they will die if they have no more algae to eat. Mine died because it got stuck to my powerhead. If you decide to get one, you should wrap the intake of the ph with a sponge or something!

Back
Top Bottom