Sea Hare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhuamani32

Aquarium Advice Regular
What are your reviews on getting a sea hare. Is there too big a risk of them nuking the tank with their ink or does that only happen on rare occasions?

I had one now for about 4 months and when I first got it I'm guilty of not doing my research on them before I bought one anyways when I first dropped him in the tank he got stuck on my birds nest and he was there for over an hour so I though I would reach in and give him a hand well when I did I seen this purplish blue ink flying all threw my tank I had know Idea what it was but I new it couldn't be good so I ran for my buckets and did about a 40 percent water change got lucky and it didn't seem to hurt my live stock so all was good until I woke up the next morning to go to work a and seen him sticking upside down in my overflow same thing reached in to get him free and out came the ink again well this time I had know time to change water because I had to go to work I figured by time I got home everything would be belly up but I must of got lucking because like I said it's been four months and everything is still doing fine. He eat all my algae now I feed him nori seaweed and he seems to love it. Honestly he is one of the coolest things to watch in my tank he kinda just glides around so peaceful and everyone that sees Him loved him

Oh that's cool. Do you have any fish that try to go after him? I would love to one one but just don't want to risk losing the fish. Also considering an urchin.

No none of my fish bother him and he bothers no one I also have a urchin hes the kind that looks like a mid evil weapon with different length spikes all over it I forget what they are called but he's pretty cool

Alright great thanks I will look into the urchin and hare. I'm more worried about keeping the fish alive rather than the hare. There is plenty of food for him and I can always sell him off. Any other encounters with the hare or urchin. Thanks again for all your help.

Ok I will take your word for it and try two urchins. If that doesn't work then I might result to the hare. Thanks

Here's mine not the best picture using my phone

Attachments

• image-2160552881.jpg
    image-2160552881.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2968580172.jpg
    image-2968580172.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 71
Oh wow and does yours get rid of your hair algae or more if the slime?

Back
Top Bottom