but as you can see, there was PLENTY of hair algae still for him to eat and he spent lots of time on the side of the tank as well....hard to believe he would have been out of food. I would have started supplementing him with algae sheets like we do in my son's tank for his tangs...moot point now, but would like to get another one to eliminate the hair algae if possible, but now nervous about it. What else would he have died from if not starving to death or wandering too close. Do they start smelling immediately at death and why did he turn embryo looking? What happens to the outside?
Suggestions on the hair algae? Water parameters are fine...we test twice a week and LFS
has tested routinely, too. Phosphates/nitrates are fine, not overfeeding, in fact the brittle stars that are in my live rocks are coming out during the day so I assume they are hungry, new bulbs in the MH
fixture and T5's, MH
lights on 6 hours a day the T5's another 4. Lots of mexican turbo snails, mud snails, 3 emerald crabs, one (too big) algae blenny, 3 peppermint shrimp, 2 mated coral banded (small) shrimp. I think I have plenty of clean up crew but can't eliminate the hair algae.
Should I chance another sea hare?