Sea Horse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boolay1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have a 300L tank with a few fish one being the dwarf lion fish. I have seen some you tube video with lion fish with sea horses, is this possible with they be ok together?

I'd be afraid that all but the tiniest of lionfish with the largest of seahorses would treat the seahorses as a crunchy snack. Even if you could pull off the size differential somehow to avoid the predation issue, seahorses are such slow eaters I'd think they would starve with lionfish.

I saw on Craigslist someone selling a 20 gallon tank with one black seahorse and a dwarf lionfish. Although 20 is way too small for a lionfish IMO it appeared as though they could be kept together happilly.

I saw on Craigslist someone selling a 20 gallon tank with one black seahorse and a dwarf lionfish. Although 20 is way too small for a lionfish IMO it appeared as though they could be kept together happilly.

I saw that too. I have seen several videos with them both in the same tank. If the lion fish was well fed???

hI,
I keep seahorses and no you canot have a lion fish in with seahorses,there are not many fish that can be in a tank with them in.

They are very slow swimmers so need a tank that they dont need to fight for food.

Back
Top Bottom