Sea Horse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was thinking about starting a small 20 gallon sea horse tank. I have heard these guys are tough keepers but I was considering a bare bottomed tank using power and sponge filtration and utilizing my current reef tanks' water to fill the Sea Horse tank.

Any opinions or ideas about keeping them.

I'm not much of a Marine Aquarium Expert. However, I would also love to start a Sea Horse tank but I have much more homework ahead of me before I do that. Good look on your venture. I will be reading enthusiastically.

Okay instead of doing this all over again try my new forum. Go to the seahorse category and look at the sticky. It's a long article type thingy I wrote on them, not totally finished but it should help out some.

http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/saltwaterhelp-about10.html

Try going for a 30 gallon tank. That should house a pair of H.reidi just fine. Any smaller than that and your getting into coldwater species like H. Capensis.

Just to clue you in on something, A tank with bare bottom and a filter isnt going to do if you didnt know. sEAhorses arent something to go cheap on. They require a lot more attention than your average clownfish and at 120 dollars for a pair you dont want them to die.

Try oceanrider.com. has some great seahorses for sale and a greal deal on reidi.

Back
Top Bottom