Sea horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ameyaraje99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys. I want to buy a pair of sea horses. I have no Idea what the requirements are.anyone with any experience please advice. I have a 10 gal quarantine tank which I want to convert into a sea horse aq. Please let me know if that's ok and any thing else I might need.

The 10 gallon would be fine for dwarf seahorses but I wouldn't put any regular sized seahorses in one. Dwarf seahorses only eat live foods so you would need another tank to raise the live food in. Seahorses are very delicate to any medications as well, especially copper. If that tank has ever had copper in it then it should not be used.

Please don't buy seahorses if you know nothing about them. They aren't for a beginning aquarist or even an amateur, they are fragile and need pristine water conditions to thrive.

And yes, 10G is too small for any normal seahorse

thanks guys. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll look into getting sea horses after I've had good experience with my 30 gallon saltwater.
Thanks again. Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom