Sea horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly69

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking for some advice on setting up a new tank. I do have a tank now and have had it up for 2 years. Looking to see if anybody has some advice for size and other flush that would go good with them.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Interesting question.

I too am interested to know if anyone on here has any experience with raising Sea Horses. I wanted to put some in my tank so badly, but from what I have read they should not be put in a reef tank... Which instantly shot down my hopes of having any.

Good luck, can't wait to hear about how this goes for you!

They need to be kept species only as they are tricky to feed and wil lose out to faster fish species. They need holds or mounts, usually a type of Marco alage or anything they can wrap thier tail around. They also usually eat all live food such as baby brine. Now I don't know about corals, I would think they would be fine with corals like acans or blastos but I don't know.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/12/fish2 this right here is a really good read about them

I'm not an expert but have read a little because k would like to have them some day. I Second the species only tank, but they can be with pipe fish and I think one or two other slow fish but I forget which ones. They can be stung by corals and anemones which can lead to infection. Non stinging corals may be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom