Sea-Lab #28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone used this product? Our LFS guy gave it to us and it's rather large, it's 1 1/2 x 1 and seven-eights x 1 . From what I read its an Automatic Replenisher. We were thinking of using it but being that it is rather big we have a feeling it is one that is used for tanks 100 gallons or larger, we were given 2 of them.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

I have no personal experience with it, but have read a little about it. According to some noted chemists, the claim that it "only dissolves if one of the trace elements or calcium is low in your tank" is completely false, and would be pretty much impossible.

I'm not trying to imply that the product is bad or harmful in any sense, but I'm always a little suspicious of any product that claims to be a "do-it-all" product.
Also, buyer beware of any product that doesn't offer/supply a complete list of ingredients.

JMO.

Thanks Reef Lady, we weren't sure, we've had them sitting under the tank for about 4 months I think and really weren't sure what they are for, we aren't really big "additive" people with the tank, have never been one to use any of the "do it all" stuff and it's been doing great on it's own, just like nature does, which is the part we love about it the most. We probably won't use them at all we were just curious as to what experiences anyone has had with them, after all we got them from a LFS guy/owner that doesn't even know what the names of the corals he has for sale. :|

Back
Top Bottom