Seachem Copper Multi test kit...question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever used one of these things? Im using cupramine and when I went to test with the Seachem test kit, I couldnt beleive how difficult it is. I know Im am supposed to keep the range of treatment from .15 to .20. But whta relation is this to the test kit range indicator? Plus the test kit "spectrum" that they give you to test your water against is horrible! Please advise what number on the test spectrum indicator I am to shoot for. Im totally confused!!
Thanks

Cupramine you are to keep the level at .5, not .2 since it's not a toxic copper, I will try to get the test to read at around a nice dark sky blue color which is .5

Cupramine

I have read and heard that the goal to shoot for on any copper treatment is .15 to .20??? is this not correct? .50 seems like a lot!!

Re: Cupramine

fishman said:
I have read and heard that the goal to shoot for on any copper treatment is .15 to .20??? is this not correct? .50 seems like a lot!!
For ionic copper you would be correct. Cupramine is not an ionic copper and works best at 0.5 mg/l (ppm). You should also be sure you are using the corresponding Multi test kit from Seachem as well. Normal copper test kits will not read the Cupramine correctly.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom