Seaclone mod design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

This is my design to reduce the microbubbles inside my tank that are coming out of the Seaclone. The box will have holes drilled on the bottom and the lower area of the sides. I am doing this so it encourages the water to flow through the sponge instead of overflowing the box. Actually came up with this in my sleep. Instantly wrote it down when i woke up :D
Anyways the box will be lined with filter floss to skim the bubbles. The box will hang on supports that surround the cylinder. Any suggestions about modifications to this device?

Attachments

• skimmer_121.jpg
    skimmer_121.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 69
Umm... I have one question.... Why make this box? How long has your Seaclone been running? I currently have a Seaclone 150 running and the bubbles disappeared after running for about a week or so. Just wondering.

8)

Odd. I have no idea how to help you with your bubbles, but your add-on box with sponge sounds like it could work. Good luck and report back on the bubble status and how your little box performs. BTW, from your signature line, I would say that the water temperature is too warm. (My own opinion). If you could bring down a little, like 80 or so, would be better.

Cheers! 8)

the sponge was clean, so the bubbles went through the sponge. 8O It is summer here in the Bay Area, CA, so my temp fluctuates from 79 to 84 degrees. I run the A/C, but since the tank is upstairs, it gets warm.

Back
Top Bottom