Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Seaclone Protein skimmer

Is this any good? I'm looking for a skimmer for my new 85gal setup in the price range of about £100 ($185 U.S?), I was thinking about the RS prizm but after browsing the forums i've changed my opinion on this, has anyone used this Seaclone rated for up to 100gallons ?? any other ones I could look into?
problem is I only have about 4" between the tank and wall. TIA

OceanMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:35 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Seaclone is pretty much your bottom of the line skimmer. Some people have luck and some don't. They sometimes take a long break in period and sometimes don't skim too well unless calibrated a thousand times. In the long run, I'd go with the prizm.

My own personal experience with the seaclone...it will skim a lot right after I add new water but never anything after that. Ill be upgrading to something like the Aqua C Remora soon.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Seaclone 150 on a 29-gal reef and it can barely keep it clean. Don't make the mistake of trying it on an 85-gal. You'll be way happier with a AquaC or similar skimmer.
Steve - DFWMAS
92-gal Corner Bowfront: VHOs,PCs,LR,LS,Sump,Skimmer,Fish,Soft Corals,LPS (Born again 9-04)

29-gal: PCs,LR,LS,Skimmer,Fish,Soft corals (Born 9-04)
No_Floaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I had the 150 on my 75 and all it ever did was need adjusted. I replaced it with the aquaC remora pro and that would fit and is around that price.
ckmn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
I keep reading about the Aqua C remora, however I have searched and cannot find it for sale on any UK sites, along with a couple of the other skimmers i have read about.

has anyone had any experiene with these skimmers, I could buy the largest model which is rated up to 330 Uk gallons (according to google this is nearly 400 US gallons), seems better value than other skimmers:

OceanMist is offline   Reply With Quote

protein, protein skimmer, seaclone, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com