Seaclone Protein Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have any opinions regarding the above item? They do not use an airstone, they use a max-jet powerhead instead. It was honestly the only thing that was big enough for a 150 gallon that was anywhere near affordable. I am hoping it will do the job.

I have used them.

Basicly you get what you pay for. They work but dont work as effectivly as some of the bigger and more costly models. IMHO its to small for a 150.

You could try a DIY skimmer. Get a good skimmer for very little money.

I had seen the one at Petco for the 100 gallon and then went online and found one for a 150 gallon tank at BigAl's.

I am not a very good DIY'er unfortunately

SeaClone

We use them at the store and they seem to do a good job. Have never tried one on a tank that large though. The largest thing I have ever put one on was a 55 and it pulled lots of waste the first few days before slowing down. I have had excellent service from Maxijet powerheads though and, IMO, they are top quality.
Logan J

Granted, I have nothing else to compare it to, but I really like this skimmer. It is quiet in its operation, easy to empty the cup, must be doing the job as I am emptying the cup every third day. (I am sure it has alot of catching up to do.) Also, it was very inexpensive at BigAl's. I could not find anything anywhere that was in my budget that could handle a 150 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom