Seaclone Skimmers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking into a seaclone skimmer on eBay they go for about 80 dollars an woks up to 150 gallons. Does anyone have any info on these skimmers and are they good or bad? Because right now the skimmer I have isnt cutting it in fact it doesnt even foam anymore and my tank is beging to look dirtier and dirtier since it died. TIA also my Red Sea Star is on the move! as for the polyps there still alive nothing spectacular yet though :-\

I used a SeaClone on my first reef and had great results with it. A lot of people here do not hold them in high reguard, however. They do tend to have a longer-then-normal break in period, but once working they skim well.

How long does it usually take them to break in do you figure also do you think it would be a wise skimmer to have or should I go with something else. The reason I like this one is because it is kinda cheap compared to most others.

I have had mine for about three weeks. It tok mine about 2 weeks of breaking in beforemine was ready. Now it is skimming like crazy. I love it. One thing i will tell u is that it will take time to get it adjusted.

You kinda get what you pay for when it comes to aquarium equipment. The tank size that a filter or skimmer will work on is rarely the size the manufacturer says. One of those nice marketing gimmicks. But since it's going on a 65, it should work great. Good luck.

You can get that seaclone skimmer at your local Petco or Petsmart for the same price plus tax. Also, you get 30 days to test it out too. :)

For about $20 more you can get a CPR BakPak which IMO is a much better skimmer.

I have used a Seaclone 100 for over a year. It is productive, but difficult to adjust, and in need of constant adjustment. I wish that I had put the $100 into a better skimmer.

If you are running fish only it would probably be ok. :mrgreen:

One thing i can say is that the new seaclone work a lot beter than the old ones. once i adjusted mine i have never had to readjust it. Maybe i am just lucky i guess.

Although some people are saying bad things I think I am still going to go along and get one. I am not running fish only I am one day planning to have some sort of a reef. I only have one coral in right now but once I can see it's ok then I am going to get more. I think I will look for it at petco because online orders sometime take 2 weeks to get. The man that helps me with my tank said that he bought one and its already bringing up tons of foam only though his tank is about a month old once he switched from the one he had before to the other he noticed an imidiate difference. I will let you people know how it turns out.

I'd just like to point out that you can probably find a brand new SeaClone online for $80 or less, rather than getting one used off eBay.

I'd also spend another $20 and get a CPR bak-pak 2r from amekaaquatics.com - just look at their factory seconds...just some CPR stuff that had scratches, so they're marked down like $60 off retail (hence the $104 price tag instead of $169)

my hv1 is a great skimmer maybe u can look into that
got skimmate in 4 hrs
aftter 10 days i'm getting coffee colored gunk out

I have a cyclone skimmer, they work great, but, they do need constant adjustment and are noisy (my house is usually quiet and that's what I'm used to) so to me this skimmer is noisy.

Well my sump already makes a humming noise do to the Mag 7 so I;m not worried about noise as for a CPR backpack I will look into and the items are 79.95 on ebay brand new.

Back
Top Bottom