seadragons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes with lots of live mysis shrimp ya can keep them alive but they are endangered so ya cant get one !!!

right they are cool !! i would like to own one !! would be worth all the trouble raising mysis shrimp for sure ! mabe one day they will beable to breed them and sell them but till then no luck !!

My mother-in-law (no fishtanks) grows these "sea monkeys". She asked me if I liked them and I said no, but my bettas sure would! :wink:

Weren't the seadragons the picture of the month in December?

haha...too bad I have seens these forsale before right? I didn't know it was illegal to house endagered animals...

-T.J.

Not only is it illegal, but no one has succesfully been able to breed these fish in captivity. They are so slow that you really can't have any other fish around.

We have austrailian seadragons at the Seattle Aquarium. I watched them for nearly an hour last time I was there because it was for a privated party and the entire aquarium was rented out. They're just amazing! :)

just got back from vacation and while i was there went to tampas aquarium they had a few sea dragons !! i sat and watched them eating live mysis for an hour or so !! funny they slowly swim up to them and then lightning fast its gone :) amazing wish they could be bought !!

Last time i was at the long beach aquarium and was watching their leafy sea dragon tank, an anouncer person came up to my girlfriend and me and started telling us all about them. We were astonished when he told us that they were the only successful dragons to actually spawn in captivity. at that time they didnt know if the eggs would hatch or the fry would survive, but that they were getting closer to breeding them. it will be a joyous day when they are able to breed in captivity and we can see them in bigger populations.

Back
Top Bottom