Seahorse purchase?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29 gallon FOWLR tank that only has 2 percula clownfish, a pajama cardinal, 2 green blue chromis and a CUC. If I move the chromis to my larger tank, would I be able to get some seahorses for the tank? Also, are they hard to keep? Dont know much about them.:thanks:

They do best in a species only tank cycled with 0 live rock since hydroids are a very common hitch hiker and can harm them. Also they need to be fed multiple times a day for best results and require very low flow. You could get away with some but they are much better off when you build a tank around them like this :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120809_181855.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120809_181855.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 213
Thanks. Think I will get a nano tank for the kitchen later after I study them a bit. SWF.com has some tank bred ones right now. You might want to check them out.

dlsrks said:
Thanks. Think I will get a nano tank for the kitchen later after I study them a bit. SWF.com has some tank bred ones right now. You might want to check them out.

I actually have a local supplier/breeder $30 a piece so like half off :D

Back
Top Bottom