Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

seahorse tank

ok so i just started a seahorse tank got the sand and salt mix in waiting for everything to dissolve and settle and was wondering would i be able to have a cuc with the seahorses? i know crabs are a no no but how bout other stuff? and is live rock still a good idea with seahorses? and do salt water snails reproduce as much as freshwater?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

i've never heard crabs being a no no with seahorses, but they are extremly difficult to keep. be prepared and be sure there are no micro bubbles in the water, as they can leach into the seahorse and rot them fro mthe inside

Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood11892
ok so i just started a seahorse tank got the sand and salt mix in waiting for everything to dissolve and settle and was wondering would i be able to have a cuc with the seahorses? i know crabs are a no no but how bout other stuff? and is live rock still a good idea with seahorses? and do salt water snails reproduce as much as freshwater?
Emerald crabs would be just fine in a sea horse tank..
Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

oh then i stand corrected i coulda sworn i read that they couldnt be, but how bout the other questions?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
What size tank? You could do some turbos .. live rock absolutely... id recommend finding so branch dry rock. This isn't a plug but www.bulkreefsupply.com has dome great branching dryrock so ur horses can attach to.. also look up some plants to place so they can hold on to it.. I think its called caulprea somthing like that...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Shrimps. Snails. I've even seen one article that says banded serpant stars will work too. Having had one, I can see that being they're so peaceful.

Here's another article about tankmates... http://www.fusedjaw.com/aquariumcare...afe-whats-not/

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

its a ten gallon
Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have an emerald and some hermit crabs, With about 6 pounds of lr in my 10g seahorse tank. I was thinking about adding a sand sifting goby but I'm not sure which I want or if it would be safe.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

ok thanks, would a clown goby work?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
ok thanks, would a clown goby work?
A clown goby doesn't shift much sand get a diamond goby

Tags
seahorse, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com