seahorses...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwalsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking about keeping a few seahorses in a spare 10 gal I have. What is involved in their care? Are they dificult to care for? Is a 10 gal even big enough for them? Thanks in advance for the help

I believe some Seahorses are ok in a 10g, but only the really small ones. If it is possible, I would go with something around 29g, there are more options there. :)

Here is a thread from melosu58 that might help answer some questions. :)
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/melosu58-s-seahorse-diary-88358.html

I think the biggest problem involving seahorses is getting them to eat. Once they are eating, make sure you are keeping up on PWC's. That is about all I know about them, lol.

Thanks for the link it really helped that's why I like this site you guys always come through

I currently keep a pair of H. Kuda in a 29 Gallon Biocube. You could feasibly keep a couple dwarfs in a 10 gallon but feeding them will be an issue. Dwarfs require very low flow and they only eat live food. If you are going to keep seahorses you should pick a species and then research the requirements for them. Cold water species may require a chiller, etc.

I was thinking about keeping a few seahorses in a spare 10 gal I have. What is involved in their care? Are they dificult to care for? Is a 10 gal even big enough for them? Thanks in advance for the help
----
A pair of seahorses should be kept in a 25 to 30G tank and are generally one of the harder saltwater fish to keep.....read and prepare yourself well before trying them

Thanks for all the imput guys I will have to do some more research before I dive into this one. Seems like first off I will need a larger tank thanks for the imput and I will keep you posted as my research goes on. I'm sure there will be more questions also

Back
Top Bottom