Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dward

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

After reading countless chats on many forum pages, I realize that a 55 gal tank is not big enough to house the types of species that I am truly interested in. So, now I ask, what would be necessary to start a 55 gal seahorse reef tank? I know this is a pretty in depth question to ask. So, could anyone recommend a good website or forum that could help me out? Or, if anyone keeps seahorses, could they offer me any advice. Thanks to all who participate in this forum, your knowledge helps those of us who really need it!

well, I am wondering what kind of horse you want. As long as the tank is "tall" you will be ok with just about any of them. take expected adult height, times 3 and you got it. The only reason they need that much height is due to breeding. They "rise" to the top while tied. I have mine in an Oceanic custom shop tank and it is only 43 gallons, but is tall. Mine get lost in it as it is so big compared to them.

Also, another site you might want to check out is
http://www.syngnathid.org

hth

I wish seahorses werent so slow. i'd love to put one in the tank with my fish, but i don't wanna see it die of starvation or see my other fish go after it. too bad :(

Back
Top Bottom