Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I was at a aquarium society meeting and talking about my 35 gallon hexagon tank, I was given the suggestion of putting some seahorses in. Who here has seahorses, and what luck have they had with them. I would feed mysis and live brine, and hope my fuge would produce some food for them. Also, what holdfasts do you guys use. I was thinking either a fake of live gorgonian, or sone stony like montipera, depending on the horses tail size. Any advice would be appreciated!

From what i heard about having seahores. They should do fine in the tank you descriped. My lfs has a yellow seahorse and it does fine just on mysis shrimp.

i just obtained a breeding pair, and they are doing fine on frozen brine shrimp, with live food to supplement weekly. Temperatures are different so do some research first. I use )fake) ceramic coral and plastic plant deco's for hitching.

check out www.seahorse.org

I have been doing alot of research b/c I am getting a pair for my 20xh. They are very nice and lots of info.

Christina

Back
Top Bottom