Seahorses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone, as the topic suggests I had a question about sea horses. So I had a 12 gallon nano reef. Then after 2 years converted it into a growing frag tank for my big 110 gallon tank. Anyway now my big tank is finished and all is well my 12 gallon only has 2 shrimps in it. So I was wondering could I make it into a seahorse tank if I take the shrimps out. It was and still is set up for a mandarin. So it has low flow, high skimming and a good cuc. All it would need is something branching for the seahorse to hold on to. So is this viable for a small species of seahorse or is it too small?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Should be fine, actually I think it's better to do some species in smaller tank. The dwarf is one of them

Sea horses don't roam around much, so a smaller tank is fine. Read up on how to feed them.

You need to keep your water below 77° ideally below 74 degrees. Also anything but dwarves need at least an 18 inch deep tank. Vertical space is more important than total gallons. Another thing is most seahorses will only eat live food. And dwarves are extremely hard to wean onto frozen or pellet

Thanks a lot everyone.

Back
Top Bottom