SeaLife LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought this little and will be hanging it today. My lfs has a par meter I can rent. My tank is 24" tall. If anyone is curious about the reading of this unit let me know and I'll pick up the meter this week

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1411914351379.jpg
    1411914351379.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 69
We are always curious on par meters! I havent seen anything on that fixture so itd be nice ro see something.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I'll pickup the meter some time during the week. Any testing suggestions would be great.

Equally interested in knowing the readings. We will all gain from your experience. Thanks for sharing !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Ok I'll pickup the meter some time during the week. Any testing suggestions would be great.

Most commonly, people will arrange their scape in the tank, and take readings from all over your tank front and back at differing levels of height. They then take a FTS and put the par readings on the picture where they took them. If the tank is empty, then fill with water and take 3 readings on the front, middle, and back at the bottom, middle, and top. This will give us a full detail of how the light distributed par and is a great baseline for those fixtures.

Be sure the top of the sensor is aimed towards the center of the light. I use a quantum and placed the sensor on a PVC rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok got it. I will update probably friday since I'm one of the luck one's who get to work 4-10's. I will also post it on the thread " new tank"

Wouldn't it want the sensor pointing straight up to get a true par reading taking consideration for the water air light displacement blah blah blah what ever it's called. I read about it in the write-up Mebbid posted earlier

Wouldn't it want the sensor pointing straight up to get a true par reading taking consideration for the water air light displacement blah blah blah what ever it's called. I read about it in the write-up Mebbid posted earlier

It's easiest to attach the sensor to a long stick or something shaped like a check mark so you can move it around and accurately get readings without getting wet and fighting with keeping it in one place.

That's how mine is shaped. You want to measure max PAR and that's perpendicular to the source.

Will do. This thing is so freaking bright at full strength. I think people are going to be amazed by the par readings this 90 dollar light gives off. Can't wait to do this

Well I got the lights up and running today. They look fantastic. I took a trip to the lfs that has the meter and someone had borrowed it before I got there. They will call me when its returned

Ok so I picked up the Par meter today and took a ton of readings for myself. I also put the old light back on the tank and took a few measurements of that light. The old light was a stock ehiem led light 6" off the water. The par reading on the sb was 35 in the middle of the tank. Of the tank is 20" tall. Now for the new light. I've attached pics of the fixture I'm using. All measurements are with both switches in the on position and dimmer knobs at the same percentages. Measurements are distant from light ( fl ) and center of tank
AT 25%
14" fl 150
18" fl 111
22" fl 85
26" fl 80
30" fl 75
AT 50%
14" fl 297
18" fl 260
22" fl 247
26" fl 222
30" fl 205
AT 75%
14" fl 556
18" fl 546
22" fl 462
26" fl 409
30" fl 373
AT 100%
14" fl 959
18" fl 748
22" fl 680
26" fl 637
30" fl 580

Hope this is valuable information for someone

Attachments

• 1412454532559.jpg
    1412454532559.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 1412454558989.jpg
    1412454558989.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 69
This was measured in water or air?
Those are very high readings at 100%, if accurate I would be very conservative with power settings for the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

In water. Salinity 1.25. I'm acclimating from about 20% shooting for 50%

At which percentage would you say the best growth would be at. I also hope people will see these Chinese light panels are a good bang for the buck

If your old light was producing 20 PAR, I would start out real slow. Those numbers seem high to me. My 180 watt Cree fixtures barely make that much light and they have significant wattage behind them. May be difference in PAR meters. My older 120 watt Chinese fixtures didn't produce those numbers.

Maybe their so high because the light is brand new. I used a Apogee Quantum meter model # MQ-200. And the sensor was pointing directly at the light like y'all suggested. I'm running 60 degree lenses. I bet you have a 90 or 120's in your new fixtures

Back
Top Bottom