SeanMonster's 180 gallon Reef Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really cool. by the look of the white edges it's growing well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would love a weed like that. The tank looks awesome and I love your rockscape. Where did you get the coral skeletons? They almost look like antlers in there, would look cool in my tank that's located right beside my gun cabinet.

I would love a weed like that. The tank looks awesome and I love your rockscape. Where did you get the coral skeletons? They almost look like antlers in there, would look cool in my tank that's located right beside my gun cabinet.

Thanks. The coral skeletons I actually collected over the years when lfs's were able to sell them. When I took the tank down I had a bath tub full of it. That's what I kept. The shell in the middle with the star polyps is a clam shell my brother found diving in Fiji.

Man you inspired me, now I'm googling if I can use deer antlers. I may have to cost them in a safe epoxy to prevent leaching but from what I've found so far I think they would actually help with calcium and alkalinity levels.

You are probably right. I'm guessing you'd be good if the marrow was out of them but you may want to ask an expert.

New additions this week were a torch and an Acan (I've had terrible luck with them so we'll see). Also picked up a pair of the smallest Pajama Cardinals I've ever seen. They are the size of the nail on my pinky.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390158345.992055.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390158357.906813.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390158372.295336.jpg

Have added a number of things recently, but am having trouble with posting pics. I may have to go the route of Photobucket. So recent additions include:

Acan
Sprinkled Chalice
Mint Stripe Candy
Blue Eyed Maze
Red and Green Lobo
Sweet Tooth Chalice
Blue Acro
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Orange Shoulder

I will get the picture thing figured out so everyone can see.

Back
Top Bottom