Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Added an Encrusting Hydno (2 pics) and a Purple Torch (not fully out yet).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1605975674.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	133360   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3212121823.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	133361  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1616950293.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	133362  
__________________

__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
sean.... wow... your tank is amazing!!! and such a short time and soooooo many corals youve purchased!!! omg, its gonna take me forever to get that many even with my buddy that sells frags! lol all and all... very very good job

I was thinking of doing a Kole Tang and maybe a yellow Tang as well... im still very undecided on what im doing as far as stock. or maybe a Kole Tang and Foxface
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180
sean.... wow... your tank is amazing!!! and such a short time and soooooo many corals youve purchased!!! omg, its gonna take me forever to get that many even with my buddy that sells frags! lol all and all... very very good job

I was thinking of doing a Kole Tang and maybe a yellow Tang as well... im still very undecided on what im doing as far as stock. or maybe a Kole Tang and Foxface
Just food for thought, my Kole Tang has eaten 2 Bubble Corals. Thanks for checking it out. I had actually saved a bit of cash so I could go "all in". I don't have patience for a long haul project .
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post
Just food for thought, my Kole Tang has eaten 2 Bubble Corals. Thanks for checking it out. I had actually saved a bit of cash so I could go "all in". I don't have patience for a long haul project .
Well if i go with a Kole, ill just have to steer clear of bubble corals or try one and see what happens, not every fish is the same..

and yeah unfortunately i dont have any cash flow but i still managed to get this 90 up n running lol so itll be a while before its stocked... but im fine with that... keeps it fun
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Well if i go with a Kole, ill just have to steer clear of bubble corals or try one and see what happens, not every fish is the same..

and yeah unfortunately i dont have any cash flow but i still managed to get this 90 up n running lol so itll be a while before its stocked... but im fine with that... keeps it fun
I agree. And I'm playing a waiting game now myself. I want to convert my 180g FO to a reef, but with the equipment that I need to get, it's going to be awhile. I'm hoping by the time I can do it, I'll be able to do some stocking with frags from my 90g. Everything is on hold until I get a new roof on the house. Don't think the Mrs. would be happy with raindrops falling on her head. Haha.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post
I agree. And I'm playing a waiting game now myself. I want to convert my 180g FO to a reef, but with the equipment that I need to get, it's going to be awhile. I'm hoping by the time I can do it, I'll be able to do some stocking with frags from my 90g. Everything is on hold until I get a new roof on the house. Don't think the Mrs. would be happy with raindrops falling on her head. Haha.
nah ya definitely have to take care of the roof first! haha but thats okay.. it gives you time to save up for equipment, pretty much what i had to do for my 90 right now. oh well.. as everyone always says "everything great comes from doing things slowly in SW" or something along those lines hahaha
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

nah ya definitely have to take care of the roof first! haha but thats okay.. it gives you time to save up for equipment, pretty much what i had to do for my 90 right now. oh well.. as everyone always says "everything great comes from doing things slowly in SW" or something along those lines hahaha
Yeah, and its not like I don't enjoy my FO. Also making sure I can keep the coral healthy in the 90g before I commit to a bigger tank.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post
Yeah, and its not like I don't enjoy my FO. Also making sure I can keep the coral healthy in the 90g before I commit to a bigger tank.
what kind of fish do u have in the bigger tank?
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

what kind of fish do u have in the bigger tank?
Dogface Puffer, Green Wolf Eel, Powder Blue Tang, Naso Tang, Blue Spotted Toby, Tomato Clown, Pinktail Trigger, Green Bird Wrasse and a Female Banana Wrasse.
__________________
SeanMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post
Dogface Puffer, Green Wolf Eel, Powder Blue Tang, Naso Tang, Blue Spotted Toby, Tomato Clown, Pinktail Trigger, Green Bird Wrasse and a Female Banana Wrasse.
very nice! what are u gonna do with the puffer and trigger when it comes time for corals??? or r u gonna try n keep them with corals?
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
90g reef, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.