Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl View Post
Very nice addition!! The tank is looking fantastic!!
Thanks Beengirl!! I'm going to stop the stocking (both fish and coral) for right now and see how things develop. Most of the corals are growing very well. My Rainbow and Tricolor Brains are faded and I need to figure out why. My Rainbow Brain has almost no color left.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found out my heater wasn't working, nor was my thermometer strip. Bought a digital thermometer and found the temperature was at 70F with the heater set at 84F. New heater, and temperature was 77.9F and the heater actually cycles on and off. Kind of disappointing since the original heater was only 6 months old. But problem is solved.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bad news. My lfs was robbed last night. They took most of the expensive corals (including a Modern that the owner had for over 15 years), and all kinds of equipment. Skimmers, pumps, light fixtures. About the only good news is they didn't vandalize the place. Could have been much much worse. Watching Craigslist, eBay, and the boards for "fire sales" on equipment and coral. The crooks obviously knew what they were doing.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster View Post
Bad news. My lfs was robbed last night. They took most of the expensive corals (including a Modern that the owner had for over 15 years), and all kinds of equipment. Skimmers, pumps, light fixtures. About the only good news is they didn't vandalize the place. Could have been much much worse. Watching Craigslist, eBay, and the boards for "fire sales" on equipment and coral. The crooks obviously knew what they were doing.
Omg! I can't imagine!! thats such a shame, I hope they catch the guys that did it!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

Omg! I can't imagine!! thats such a shame, I hope they catch the guys that did it!!
Yea, I talked to the shop tonight. They were overwhelmed but they still have enough "stuff" to keep the doors open and they said it could have been worse. They could have smashed things. They have a large (and loyal) clientele so hopefully someone will get fingered in this. Just sucks. This is a private shop that employs like 5 people. This is their livelihood.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yea, I talked to the shop tonight. They were overwhelmed but they still have enough "stuff" to keep the doors open and they said it could have been worse. They could have smashed things. They have a large (and loyal) clientele so hopefully someone will get fingered in this. Just sucks. This is a private shop that employs like 5 people. This is their livelihood.
Yeah I can't imagine.. I mean when you said that a very expensive coral that they've had for numerous years was stolen, I literally felt sad for them :/ cuz your right, its not just a business, its there lives
Old 12-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yeah I can't imagine.. I mean when you said that a very expensive coral that they've had for numerous years was stolen, I literally felt sad for them :/ cuz your right, its not just a business, its there lives
Went to my lfs today. About $15,000 in stolen corals, $5,000 in equipment, some money and two Lionfish. Another local news crew was filming when we got there so he good news is its getting ALOT of local attention. The owner has been through the ringer but he and the crew are in good spirits.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Went to my lfs today. About $15,000 in stolen corals, $5,000 in equipment, some money and two Lionfish. Another local news crew was filming when we got there so he good news is its getting ALOT of local attention. The owner has been through the ringer but he and the crew are in good spirits.
Wow 15K in corals?!?! That is such a shame!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Wow 15K in corals?!?! That is such a shame!
Yea, these guys knew what was what and knew what they were doing. That's why we are watching he boards and such. Definitely someone familiar with the hobby.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yea, these guys knew what was what and knew what they were doing. That's why we are watching he boards and such. Definitely someone familiar with the hobby.
Without a doubt, I've never even heard of people robbing pet store :/

Tags
90g reef, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com