SeanMonster's 90g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
very nice! what are u gonna do with the puffer and trigger when it comes time for corals??? or r u gonna try n keep them with corals?

No, my lfs has a customer that has a huge tank and likes big fish-only species. Will most likely only keep the two Tangs.

Well, after my Clown Fairy Wrasse has jumped the tank, and that being the 4th fish to do so, I have broken down and put glass hoods on the tank. The glass is called Starfire and is thinner and clearer than a typical hood. Also thought my Purple Firefish jumped to his death so I picked up another at the lfs. Did a water change yesterday and now I have 2 Purple Firefish.

Well, after my Clown Fairy Wrasse has jumped the tank, and that being the 4th fish to do so, I have broken down and put glass hoods on the tank. The glass is called Starfire and is thinner and clearer than a typical hood. Also thought my Purple Firefish jumped to his death so I picked up another at the lfs. Did a water change yesterday and now I have 2 Purple Firefish.

Aww CorallineAlgae was just telling me the same thing about her fairy wrasse and the starfire glass! So weird lol sorry about your jumper but glad u have 2 purple firefish now! Hope they don't act up with each other lol

My Hairy Lobo is making a comeback!! Looked horrible for the last 4-5 months. Now it's starting to return to normal. Very excited!!

New additions today. Replaced my Clown Wrasse that jumped with another. Also got a Mystery Wrasse. That thing is gorgeous.

Attachments

• image-3011711394.jpg
    image-3011711394.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 117
  • image-3235772270.jpg
    image-3235772270.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 107
Very nice addition!! The tank is looking fantastic!!

Thanks Beengirl!! I'm going to stop the stocking (both fish and coral) for right now and see how things develop. Most of the corals are growing very well. My Rainbow and Tricolor Brains are faded and I need to figure out why. My Rainbow Brain has almost no color left.

Found out my heater wasn't working, nor was my thermometer strip. Bought a digital thermometer and found the temperature was at 70F with the heater set at 84F. New heater, and temperature was 77.9F and the heater actually cycles on and off. Kind of disappointing since the original heater was only 6 months old. But problem is solved.

Bad news. My lfs was robbed last night. They took most of the expensive corals (including a Modern that the owner had for over 15 years), and all kinds of equipment. Skimmers, pumps, light fixtures. About the only good news is they didn't vandalize the place. Could have been much much worse. Watching Craigslist, eBay, and the boards for "fire sales" on equipment and coral. The crooks obviously knew what they were doing.

Bad news. My lfs was robbed last night. They took most of the expensive corals (including a Modern that the owner had for over 15 years), and all kinds of equipment. Skimmers, pumps, light fixtures. About the only good news is they didn't vandalize the place. Could have been much much worse. Watching Craigslist, eBay, and the boards for "fire sales" on equipment and coral. The crooks obviously knew what they were doing.

Omg! I can't imagine!! :( thats such a shame, I hope they catch the guys that did it!!

Omg! I can't imagine!! :( thats such a shame, I hope they catch the guys that did it!!

Yea, I talked to the shop tonight. They were overwhelmed but they still have enough "stuff" to keep the doors open and they said it could have been worse. They could have smashed things. They have a large (and loyal) clientele so hopefully someone will get fingered in this. Just sucks. This is a private shop that employs like 5 people. This is their livelihood.

Yea, I talked to the shop tonight. They were overwhelmed but they still have enough "stuff" to keep the doors open and they said it could have been worse. They could have smashed things. They have a large (and loyal) clientele so hopefully someone will get fingered in this. Just sucks. This is a private shop that employs like 5 people. This is their livelihood.

Yeah I can't imagine.. I mean when you said that a very expensive coral that they've had for numerous years was stolen, I literally felt sad for them :/ cuz your right, its not just a business, its there lives

Yeah I can't imagine.. I mean when you said that a very expensive coral that they've had for numerous years was stolen, I literally felt sad for them :/ cuz your right, its not just a business, its there lives

Went to my lfs today. About $15,000 in stolen corals, $5,000 in equipment, some money and two Lionfish. Another local news crew was filming when we got there so he good news is its getting ALOT of local attention. The owner has been through the ringer but he and the crew are in good spirits.

Went to my lfs today. About $15,000 in stolen corals, $5,000 in equipment, some money and two Lionfish. Another local news crew was filming when we got there so he good news is its getting ALOT of local attention. The owner has been through the ringer but he and the crew are in good spirits.

Wow 15K in corals?!?! That is such a shame! :(

Back
Top Bottom