SeanMonster's 90g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update. Getting a Tang this weekend. LFS has a Kole Tang on order, but the flight already got bumped. If the Kole is a no go, I will get a Yellow Tang. Going to do both most likely anyway. Also, replacing the central air in my house. The 30 yo unit is dying a slow death. Guess they don't make hem like they used to. :) knew I would have to, eventually, when I bought the house. Weather has been warmer than normal and have too much invested between the two tanks.

SeanMonster said:
Update. Getting a Tang this weekend. LFS has a Kole Tang on order, but the flight already got bumped. If the Kole is a no go, I will get a Yellow Tang. Going to do both most likely anyway. Also, replacing the central air in my house. The 30 yo unit is dying a slow death. Guess they don't make hem like they used to. :) knew I would have to, eventually, when I bought the house. Weather has been warmer than normal and have too much invested between the two tanks.

I'd suggest a 125g for the yellow tang, especially if ur adding them both.

Well at least the air conditioner will be more efficient on your electric bill. So more $$$$$$$ for more fish and corals. Lol

jose7878 said:
Well at least the air conditioner will be more efficient on your electric bill. So more $$$$$$$ for more fish and corals. Lol

This is true. And wife will be happy she isn't sweating so she will be ok with more $$$ on fish and corals. :)

Today's shopping list included: red and green brain coral, cup coral, Kole Tang, Yellow Tang (I know Kio, but after lengthly discussions itch my lfs, gonna give it a try. They will take the Yellow back if and when problems arise. So far so good.), and 4 conchs. Corals were not at their best. Will try for pics tomorrow.

Nice buys Sean! I have the Kole/Yellow combination and they do fine together. Especially since you are introducing them together, you shouldn't have any issues.
Good luck with them, they are great Tangs!

That Brain looks awesome!!
Tangs look happy swimming together, how have they been so far?
You see them together on the reefs in Hawaii, so that's why I went with the two. Also reminds me of the couple opportunities I had when I was younger to dive out there...hope to do it again someday...place is absolutely gorgeous!!

Flreefer said:
That Brain looks awesome!!
Tangs look happy swimming together, how have they been so far?
You see them together on the reefs in Hawaii, so that's why I went with the two. Also reminds me of the couple opportunities I had when I was younger to dive out there...hope to do it again someday...place is absolutely gorgeous!!

They are doing awesome together. It's amazing how much algae they have gleaned off of the live rock. They must be something to see in the wild. Yea, the brain is spectacular. Hasn't opened completely yet today. Really spreads out.

Yeah, IMO you can't beat the Kole for algae clean-up. That's literally all he does, all day long...scrape and swim, scrape and swim...I love my Kole!!

Back
Top Bottom