Seaweed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've just got some green seaweed to feed to my hermit crabs (I'm running out of algae!)...

I'm planning on cutting a bit up into tiny pieces and laying them on the bottom of the tank for them.

But, on the packet it says you have to remove any uneaten seaweed from the tank after a few hours.

With the bits being so small, this would be impossible.

Should I not worry about getting the bits for the crabs out, and only worry about the full sheets I'll be putting in for my fish?

yea i would just clip he full sheets and let the hermits fend for them selfs they will be fine :)
2nd issue imo if you can place small bits of seaweed on the bottom of you tank and they stay there ya dont have enough water flow !!

hehe, well...They will stay around the bottom, not in the same place!

I've lost a couple of hermits recently, perhaps due to most of the algae in my tank being eaten up?

I'll need to feed my hermits some seaweed or something won't I or they won't have anything to eat?

i guess the question i have is how many do ya have ? the hermits ya lost could be from many reason besides a food issue imo !! im not a hermit fan and only have mabe 2-5 if that ! i think they will get enough left overs from the fish picking at the seaweed and or the seaweed breaking apart in the current !

shrimp works better. chopped up shrimp all of my hermit crabs go crazy when i feed my fish that. i put some on the sand and in 10 min i have every hermit crab in the tank fighting over the food.

Back
Top Bottom