Sebae and lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was wondering if my lighting was enough for a sebae anemone. I have two tanks. One is a 34 gal with an HQI 10k bulb. The other is a 75 gal with an 8 bulb 48" T5 setup with Red Sea max bulbs 3 white, 4 blue and 1 pink. Which tank is more suitable? Both are reefs. The 75 has a LOT of flow, the 34 not so much. Thanks in advance!

I have had my sebae in a 50gal with a 6lamp T5 fixture. He has been thriving and growing for 2 years. He moved toward the top of the tank, but he and his clownfish are doing great.

Good to hear. I have him in my 34 gal now... Hoping he can stay there but if the HQI isn't enough I'll put him in the 75. Thinking of getting him one or a pair of either pink skunk clowns or clarkiis.

So does anyone know if the sebae would do ok under the HQI 10k lights?? If like to move him ASAP if not. He's doing ok but still hasn't attached.

I'd wait a few days and see how it does. 150 isnt as powerful as people think lol, but it may be enough. But youre tank is a tad deep so Id see how well he does over the next few days.

Ok so the sebae STILL hasn't attached to anything. And the other day I bought a clarkii for him and he started hosting within seconds. Because he's hosting, he's slightly knocking the nem around a bit. Any way to get him to attach? Should I move him to a diff spot? Any suggestions are great. He still looks good, just not attaching.

Back
Top Bottom