Sebae Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mightyfinelady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a purple tip Sebae anenome, upon placing it in the tank it retracted all tenticals, rolled up in a ball and disappeared under the live rock. I have not seen it since. Would my tiger stripped sea star eat it? I have looked everywhere! It responded like that within immediate placement in the tank.

A couple things might be the issue. First the seabae is a hard to keep anenome in the home aquarium. They need at least a yr old tank with very stable parameters. They need good lighting and maybe he is just acclimating himself. Let us know how he does in the next few days.

melosu58 said:
A couple things might be the issue. First the seabae is a hard to keep anenome in the home aquarium. They need at least a yr old tank with very stable parameters. They need good lighting and maybe he is just acclimating himself. Let us know how he does in the next few days.

+1 to what melosu58 said!

What kind of lighting do you have? How old is tank? What are tank parameters?

I bought mine couple of months ago. He is healthy but won't stay in one place. He keeps moving around everyday. Most of the time he stays under a ledge which doesn't have much light. I watch him though and make he doesn't get too close to anything else.

That's because he can't find a place he likes. There's most likely too little flow or light in your tank. What do you have for flow and light?

Its a 75 gallon reef tank with a powerhead on each side of the tank and a 4-bulb T5 light. All four are each ATI 54 watt. 2-Daylight Aqua Blue Special, 1-Blue Plus, 1-Purple Plus. Going to order new bulbs for it. Never have liked these bulbs. I also have a 29 gallon reef tank that I need bulbs for.

Back
Top Bottom