Securing frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever used Loctite repair putty to secure plugs or corals to live rock? It says it's for plumbing, drains and marine. It contains epoxy resin, amine resin and polymercaptan.

dlsrks said:
Has anyone ever used Loctite repair putty to secure plugs or corals to live rock? It says it's for plumbing, drains and marine. It contains epoxy resin, amine resin and polymercaptan.

If it says it can be used for potable water sources, in other words, in contact with water you drink, it will be okay. I think that is pretty common epoxy putty which is fine to use.

Thanks I just to make sure. Hope it's better than what I ordered online from BRS. Didn't like their glue either. Had five frags come off their plugs with their putty and glue.

For what it's worth, the Ecotech glue is amazing. Compared to TLF or superglue, it's thicker & doesn't drip nearly as much. I found it was actually cheaper because a bottle goes so far.

The Loctite ultra control gel works great, and is available just about anywhere. As far as epoxy putty, JB Weld makes some that works great, and is listed for potable uses.... never had any issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom